Friday, December 4, 2009

This weekend . . .



. . is a busy one, as I make up for lost viewing time over Thanksgiving. I'll be hitting two traditional holiday performances: Boston Ballet's Nutcracker (above) and Handel and Haydn's Messiah (conducted by incoming Artistic Director Harry Christophers). But I'll also catch the Celebrity Series appearance (tonight) of the Emerson String Quartet at Jordan Hall, and check out Whistler in the Dark's final weekend of the Boston premiere of In On It at the Factory Theatre. Sunday afternoon I'll be in Central Square, taking in the Underground Railway Theater's widely-praised production of Tru Grace. Something I won't have time for, but you may: Musica Sacra's program of music for chorus and brass, "Clear and Bright", which will include the late Dan Pinkham's Christmas Cantata. And something I hope to be able to get to eventually: a new production of A Child's Christmas in Wales, at the BCA.

No comments:

Post a Comment