Monday, May 3, 2010

It's actually nice being proven wrong sometimes

Nobody's right 100% of the time, a fact which people like to remind me of, as I probably put forth my opinion about more things on more occasions than just about anyone else in Boston. And for the record, no, I don't think I'm always right; I just think I'm right more often than anyone else! ;-)

But sometimes I am wrong. Just two weeks ago, I wrote of Boston Ballet that the company "doesn't really have any danseur who can nail double tours reliably - it's their last technical gap."

And then yesterday, during a rehearsal for "Theme and Variations" (part of the upcoming Ultimate Balanchine evening), principal dancer James Whiteside nailed three in a row. (With a glance in my general direction.) So point taken. And I'm glad to be proven wrong! Stay thin and dizzy, James!

No comments:

Post a Comment