Monday, March 19, 2012

The new page view widget

It has come to my attention that various um, "non-fans" of the blog have been claiming that my readership can't be what I say it is - i.e., between 800-1000 viewers on days I post, and roughly half that on days I don't. So I thought I'd post the Blogger page views widget over on the right, just to shut down debate. (Sorry there's not a daily version, but I think you can do the math.) Of course it's still not a huge audience - but it's one of the larger high culture blog readerships around, I think - particularly for blogs by a single writer, with a single point of view; I recall that when the Globe's "Exhibitionist" blog was still active, Geoff Edgers noted that he only got about 500 hits for a local story, and I'm doing about twice that. At any rate, we're hoping the audience continues to grow, so please - keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment