Wednesday, August 26, 2009

More festivity

Today I'm off to my final summer theatre festival - the one I've been going to for something like 25 years, Canada's Stratford Shakespeare Festival. The eight plays on tap for the weekend are: The Importance of Being Earnest, A Midsummer Night's Dream (at left, with Yanna McIntosh and Geraint Wyn Davies) Julius Caesar, Bartholomew Fair (Jonson), A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, Three Sisters, Phèdre, and a new play, Zastrossi (George F. Walker). This means that, after the Williamstown Theatre Festival and the Edinburgh Fringe, I've actually seen more plays this month than there were days in the month - 32 different productions, in fact. (Take that, Larry Stark!) Not that I wouldn't be happy to do it again next month (indeed, I'm planning a Chicago theatre outing for the fall). In the meantime, stay tuned for the Canada recap.

No comments:

Post a Comment