Friday, October 7, 2011

What to see


Of the four best shows in town, three are closing this weekend.  You only have till Sunday to catch the intriguing Persian Quarter up at Merrimack Rep, a pitch-perfect revival of The King and I over at the North Shore, and John Guare's hilarious pastiche of The Front Page and His Girl Friday down at Trinity.  Yes, I know, they're all a bit out of town, but trust me, they're worth the trip.  And remember those three companies as well - Merrimack, North Shore, and Trinity; generally you won't go wrong with these people.

And of course within the city limits, Candide, which is the early triumph of this (or any other!) season, only has one more week to go at the Huntington.  I saw it for the second time last Tuesday, and fell in love with it all over again.  I may still return for one more farewell visit; a show like this you savor.  I hope to see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment