Tuesday, November 1, 2011

More nights (and days) of stars

Philippe Jaroussky
What's on Boston's cultural plate this week? A lot, it turns out. Tonight I'm visiting the ICA, both to see the "Dance/Draw" exhibit, and to hear legendary choreographer William Forsythe - arguably the most influential dance-maker in the world - discuss his career (that's at 6:30 pm, btw). Tomorrow I'll stop by ArtsEmerson to catch the famous/notorious Mabou Mines interpretation of Ibsen, DollHouse. Then Thursday I'll return to Boston Ballet for Romeo and Juliet, at the Opera House. Friday is even more dance - the Boston debut of Aszure Barton at Celebrity Series.  Then Saturday is crunch time - I've got Robert Lepage's Siegfried from the Met in HD all afternoon (it's six hours long; I'm praying "The Machine" works this time, or I'll have to leave early), followed by Philippe Jaroussky, the greatest counter-tenor in the world (IMHO), at the Boston Early Music Festival with Apollo's Fire, Cleveland's red-hot period orchestra.  Sunday is the long-awaited Boston Lyric Opera production of Verdi's Macbeth, which is rarely seen in these parts.  And then . . . well, after a possible nervous collapse, I'll have a lot of reviewin' to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment