Friday, October 5, 2007

Kentucky Karma

(Clockwise from left): Mia Van de Water, Terrance P. Haddad, Maureen Adduci, Peter Brown, Michael Steven Costello, Ashley Kelly, Christine Power, & Bill Bruce in The Kentucky Cycle. Photo: Joel W. Benjamin

I haven't been seeing too much this week, because I've been helping with the load-in, etc., of the Zeitgeist Stage/Way Theatre co-production of The Kentucky Cycle by Robert Schenkkan. I won't be reviewing the show, because I'm becoming more and more closely associated with Zeitgeist - in fact, I'm directing their next production, Blowing Whistles by Matthew Todd (actors should check out StageSource for the audition posting - there are still slots available!).

But I can still give the show a plug, can't I? Kentucky (or as we've begun calling it, The K-Y Cycle) has been truly a mammoth effort for everyone involved. Its nine short plays cover centuries of Kentucky history - and karmic retribution - over the course of two evenings. Previews are tomorrow; the press opening is Sunday. After that, you can see Part I on Thursday evenings, or Saturday and Sunday matinees, and Part II on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday evenings, through November 17th at the Black Box Theatre at the BCA. For tickets and more information, check here.

No comments:

Post a Comment